Many of the senior patients you’ll see in Dr. Darding’s office have been coming to her for years. If you ask them why, they’ll tell you it’s because they’ve felt the benefits of chiropractic care, including more flexibility, less pain, increased energy, and a better quality of life. Dr. Darding truly cares about her patients and wants to see them enjoying all the things they love to do with people they love to be around.
The Importance of Elderly Chiropractic Care
As we age, spinal discs, muscles, joints, and ligaments become weaker, less hydrated, and less able to handle the stresses of everyday movement. Pain from spinal degeneration (arthritis) is felt more often, and the time to heal from injuries increases. For many seniors, the fear of pain causes them to stop being active and enjoying things they used to. Through incorporating gentle adjustments, physical therapy, and a stretching and exercise program, Dr. Darding helps reduce spinal pain and stress while improving flexibility and mobility, allowing her patients to get back to living.
Some of the benefits of geriatric chiropractic care include:
- Overall pain relief
- Decreased stiffness and increased range of motion
- Increased balance and coordination, leading to a lower risk of falls
- Increased sense of well being
- Increased energy
- Enhanced tissue healing
- Increased joint health
- Decreased arthritis and arthritic joint pain
- Minimized spinal stress
How Does Chiropractic Care Keep Me From Falling?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), falls are responsible for 90% of bone fractures per year among Americans past the age of 65. Our sense of balance decreases with age, making it much more easy to take a tumble. Elderly chiropractic care reduces the risk of falls by using:
- Specific adjusting techniques to normalize cervical joint receptors which provide the brain with balance and coordination information and extremity adjusting techniques to normalize joint receptors in the ankles and feet, specifically, to provide feedback to the brain to help with balance and coordination.
- Stretching and exercise programs to increase strength, flexibility, mobility, balance and coordination.
- Diet and nutritional counseling to improve nutritional status, increase energy levels, and increase our sense of well-being.
You don’t have to live with pain. Call Darding Chiropractic and start enjoying life!
After I broke my hip, I wasn’t able to walk my dog as I had been for the past five years. Dr. Darding helped me feel stronger until I felt confident enough to start walking again. Now Buster and I enjoy our walks every night.
– Henry Brown, Waterloo