Using the most modern equipment and technology, Dr. Darding offers chiropractic services that help children and adults enjoy life without pain. She and her staff work to ensure the health and well-being of residents throughout Monroe County and the surrounding areas.
Chiropractors are experts in the care of the musculo-skeletal system – the bones, nerves, muscles and connective tissues that make up about 60% of your body. In order for your entire body to move well and function without pain, all of the components of your musculo-skeletal system need to be in proper alignment. Dr. D’s chiropractic services aim to do this for each patient by creating care plans that often include:
- Spinal adjustments to keep everything in alignment
- Physical therapy to restore or increase range of motion
- Exercise recommendations to keep muscles moving
- Nutritional advice for optimal wellness and/or recovery
Dr. Darding is skilled and knowledgeable in making manual adjustments, and also uses the most modern chiropractic equipment to restore the spine and get patients moving again. Ask Dr. D about the types of therapy that may be right for you.
- Laser Therapy including Cold Laser and K-Laser
- Electronic Stimulation, Ultrasound Therapy and Spinal Traction
- Myofascial Therapy
- Thermography and Surface ElectroMyoGraphy
You will be asked many questions about your medical history and symptoms when you come into our office. Our goal is to get a complete understanding of why you are in pain and what you hope to accomplish using Dr. Darding’s chiropractic services. If necessary, we will take an X-ray to get a detailed view of your spine. Reasons to take an X-ray include:
- If an injury is suspected such as a bone break or a joint dislocation
- To identify the effects of osteoporosis
- Suspected spinal instability
Your body relies on the right foods to stay healthy and strong. Many food choices inflame your joints and increase pain while vitamin deficiencies can leave you susceptible to illness. Dr. Darding will provide a structured nutritional program that’s perfect for your age, body type, and fitness goals.
Custom Made Orthotics
Orthotics are inserts for your shoes designed to correct foot posture and irregular walking patterns. They allow joints to be aligned correctly so you can stand with proper support and walk, run and jump without pain. Dr. Darding designs custom foot orthotics for her patients to:
- Provide better positioning of the feet
- Provide support
- Prevent foot deformities
- Relieve pressure on areas of the foot
- Improve pelvic alignment
- Reduce stress on the knees